Ever wonder how google shows you the best possible result to your query whenever you type some specific keywords in the search bar?
That is because keywords are the backbone of any search engine optimization (SEO) strategy. Picking the right ones for your content is important to your website’s success.
Before deciding which keywords to choose, you should always conduct extensive keyword research because without them customers and search engines both would find it difficult to find your content.
Types of keywords used for seeding your content,
Short Tail Keyword And When To Use
If you are simply looking for general information, these are more likely to type in a two-word search. They are the most effective technique to drive traffic to your site from the top of the buying sink.
Factors that act in favor of and against short tail keywords
- If you want traffic to your site then go for short-tail keywords, the search volume increases as the keyword length decreases. You’ll probably get a lot of organic visitors.
- It’s no surprise that everyone is aiming for short-tail keyword rankings. The competition for them is high.
- For your frequent search phrases, Google AdWords will charge you a lot of money to go into the short tail keyword business. Because there are so many other brands buying them, you’ll have to pay high prices to be visible in SERP.
- Don’t be disappointed if you feel like you’re at the tail end of a long line. All it takes is time, dedication, and the appropriate strategies to start noticing results if you’re targeting the right keywords.
Long-tail Keywords And When To Use:
The specific 4 words or more that your target audience is looking for.
Factors that act in favor of and against long-tail keywords
- The amount of traffic you get from long-tail keywords will be much lower. This might be a negative thing for some businesses.
- They can, however, be utilized to target individuals who are looking for your brand and want to purchase from you.
- Just because people are not searching for general keywords, there will be low competition and it’s equal to low cost.
- For targeted searches, Google AdWords has a lower cost. This implies that unless you become the most well-known name in your business, you won’t appear near as high in general searches, but you’ll pay a lot less to get there.
- They are one of the elements that search engines consider when deciding where to place your content in their massive database.
How To Discover Short Tail And Long-tail Keywords:
- Take Advantage From Competitor
Find out what keywords they’re using to rank up their site. What are the title tags, headers, and subheadings for their pages? Competitor sites are a gold mine of keywords. Then you plan your strategy based on what you’ve learned
- Go Look At Your Website:
Find out keywords from your content headings or what’s your brand name can also be used.
- Find Out Online:
There are plenty of ways to find out and generate keywords online,
- There are plenty of tools and software, Google AdWords is a keyword planner. This can be used to locate long-tail keywords and identify how difficult it will be to rank for those searches.
- Answer the Public, Uber suggest , and keyword tools are keyword generators that additional questions and extra words to your main term to generate long-tail keywords.
- Ever notice how when you search on Google, after typing one or two words, it suggests “Autocomplete”? After you finish your search, scroll down to find the “People also ask…” box and the “Searches related to…” box at the bottom of the page. These are both free and simple ways to find up-to-date trending keywords that people are searching for.
A Final Thought
Now you would have understood what’s the difference between short-tail keywords and long-tail keywords, and even how to discover and apply them to grow your google traffic.
Both paid and “natural” or “organic” search marketing use keywords. To be successful in online marketing, you must use the relevant keywords and always make sure never to do keyword stuffing in your content which could result in a negative impact.